SPIRITUAL PONDERINGS ON TAROT AND LIFE, WHILE TRAVELING ON THE SPIRAL MYSTICAL PATH.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

GARDEN SNAPSHOTS FOR MAY 16

BLACK SNAKE IN THE GRASS

Seen my first black snake this spring, I suspect it is a male, does not seem as big around as the females I've seen ( how I know the size of a female,seen a bunch of males trying to breed the female and she was a lot bigger and fatter than the leaner males). He was a little over 3 foot.   Black snakes can be a bit bytchy, they rather bite than flee like a poisonous snake which only bites if it don't have a way of escape , they rather flee when bothered. The black snake here in the Ozarks can get 8 feet, I know, where I was raised I had seen many of them, especially poaching our eggs which got them real fat and big and  killed, my folks would rather kill a snake than place them some where else, I try to move them along if I can without hurting them, but will not tolerate them around the house with my grandkids always out and about. This one went back into the neighbor's field.  I know in Christianity they are seen as a sign of the evil one, the snake in Eden , but you also have a bronze snake being used for healing in the bible also here, so there you go, but I have never seen them  as evil , always for healing and transformation. The black rat snake is a constrictor.
HERBS ON MY DECK
From left to right, lemon mint, chocolate mint, sage, rosemary,catnip ,oregano ,basil, peppermint, African marigolds in with 2 kinds of thyme, garlic chives, and a few springs of onion chives.

A NEW TUB FOR MY SPAGHETTI SQUASH
We were gifted with 6 of these red tubs, and I got them put to good use. They were used as mineral tubs for cattle. They brighten up my garden really nice.

FIRST RADISHES THIS SEASON

These are the best tasting radishes I have had in a good long while, they are a wee bit sweet with a smooth radishes bite at the end, yummy. They are loving my rabbit doo , it does wonders for the garden.
I will probably do a video update of my garden as soon as it stops raining , been raining all week, and then wait a day for ground to dry so I can get my wheel chair out in the grass.
GREEN BLESSINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment