SPIRITUAL PONDERINGS ON TAROT AND LIFE, WHILE TRAVELING ON THE SPIRAL MYSTICAL PATH.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

MY GARDEN ON THE SUMMER SOLSTICE 2015

CABBAGE READY TO PICK

You can see the cabbage above , we had already pulled out the broccoli and cauliflower behind them and have begun adding the rabbit doo to the bed, these cabbages will be harvested today and I will plant this box with green beans.



LEFT TO RIGHT, CUCUMBER,TOMATOES,BEANS
The above boxes are growing great, the yard during this time is being mowed by my hubby and so these pictures are taken before the tall grass has been cut, we have had a very wet June, had about 3 inches just the last two days, so I haven't been to the garden for about 4 days and boy has it grown.

BRANDYWINE TOMATOES
These tomatoes I started from seed, I am just now getting some of my cherry tomatoes and these plants are full of blooms, I can't wait, these Brandywines are suspose to be pink, big ,meaty and lower in acid ,so I am counting the days before I can eat some.

SPAGHETTI SQUASH
I have 2 spaghetti squashes making so far, my other barrel with the squash I am afraid has been sacrificed to the squash bugs, tried as I might, I sprayed them with my own concoction but it rained every freaking day and so washed it all off, so when I finally got to my garden I had pretty much lost 2 of my barrels, one zucchini and my spaghetti squash, we are forecast a week of dry weather so I have another bottle of my spray ready to attack.

NEW CROP OF RADISHES, KALE
I had already harvested my last crop of radishes and this has come up since all the rain, yay.

CARROTS AND GREEN ONIONS
Carrots are coming along nicely still thinning them and green onions have been very tastey.

MY GARDEN FROM A DISTANCE
The barrels on the far end you can see the yellow on the leaves from the squash bugs, dang it.
zucchini 
We have already had fried zucchini a couple days ago, this one is slated for the frying pan tomorrow, yummy. Summer is now in full force here in the Missouri Ozarks, high humidity and in the 90's sticky and muggy,as the old timers say, the air is close, yeap that's summer here. May and June were wet and soggy this year but July is usually  our driest and hottest time of our summer season, not a fan of July too hot for me. There are 2 months I can live without and that is July and January, too hot and too cold and so both months keep me inside more than I like. I hope this Summer Solstice is a good one for ya all and many blessings to you as the summer progresses.


cucumbers starting to make

GREEN BEANS AND IN RED POT SPAGHETTI SQUASH

SNOW PEAS, BROCCOLI, CAULIFLOWER AND A CHERRY TOMATO HARVESTED


BROCOLLI AND CAULIFLOWER


No comments:

Post a Comment